Thursday, April 18, 2013

Trusting God and Knowing He is There Even During Hard Times


As Christians on the earth, representatives of Christ and Ambassadors of God, we will nonetheless endure trials and tribulations. Rough times do not pass us by, although oftentimes we wish they would. During many of the rough times we are being molded for a future that God has been planning all along. As Christians we wish many of our heartaches in life - stress on the job, stress finding employment, marital problems, lack of finances, raising our children, illnesses, etc. - would not come to us. But God never said our lives would be perfect because we've dedicated it to Him. Yet He did say that He would always be with us.

Recently I was at the Lighthouse Church in Charlotte, NC, where I watched an incredible short film. In the film was a man who played God having a discussion with an ordinary Christian man. God explained to him that many of the trials and tribulations He is going through is simply His molding process. In the film God actually had a chisel in his hands with a hammer. He was chiseling on and around the man. God called out a few of the positive things He saw in the man even while He chiseled away the imperfection of lust. At certain times during the molding the man voiced his pain during the process. God explained to him that it might not feel good, but is definitely required for him to become the person He was creating him to be.

Phillippians 1:6 says "Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." The Bible says in Romans 5:3 "Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation."

We must remember all that God has told us in His word when we look at each unique situations we go through. If you don't know what God says about your situation, it is imperative that you look it up in His word. Simply put, you cannot stand on the word of God if you don't know what it says about your life. No matter what it is, God will never allow His children to go through it alone. I challenge you today to take a stand against the situation that has you distressed. Look at the enemy and tell him that he is already defeated in Jesus name. Give Him the word that God has given you in your specific situation.

At the time of me writing this article during tough economic times, I am unemployed. In addition, my unemployment is suppose to end soon. I could give up right now in so many ways. However, even during these tough economic times I will "continue" to trust God. I don't know how God is going to work it out, but I "will" stand in faith. Giving up for me is not an option. I have people God is using me to encourage, perhaps it is you. So, I challenge you today to see even the good in the middle of your storm. I challenge you to say aloud to yourself today, "giving up for me is not an option" Say it as many times as needed until you believe what you are confessing out of your mouth.

Our enemies are mighty, and we are without strength, but our Redeemer is almighty, and in the power of HIS might we can overcome!! Spiritual strength and courage are needed for our spiritual warfare and suffering. We must put on the full armor of God. If we want to win, we must come completely prepared to fight. God has given us the tools for the battle, now let's use it!

"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand" even until the end.

Copyright (c) 2010 by Terri Smalls

No comments:

Post a Comment