Monday, May 27, 2013

Photography: Songs and a Poem at Christmas


Some songs for the festive season

The twelve days of Christmas

(... or "Don't keep buying me photographic stuff")

On the 12th day of Christmas, my true love sent to me ...

Twelve filters filtering

Eleven tripods holding

Ten flashes flashing

Nine models posing

Eight grips a-gripping

Seven hoods a-shielding

Six weddings booking

Five D-SLRs

Four camera bags

Three photo mags

Two shutter lags

And a winner in every photo comp


Jingle Bells

(... or "I don't want to be doing this")

Dashing through the snow

Along a muddy track

O'er the fields I go

Camera on my back

Rain and cold and ice

Will never stop desire

My friends - that's very nice

- Are sitting by the fire

Oh, snap, snap, sneeze

Snap, snap, sneeze

Coughing all the way

Oh what fun that I could have

If I was snug like they


Twas the night before Christmas

(... or "If anything can go wrong, it will")

Twas the night before Christmas

And all through the place

A photographer wandered

To catch Santa's face

He'd set up his tripod

And cocked up his shutter

When he heard in the chimney

A cough and a splutter

He steadied his camera

And charged up his gun

For the best of all candids

In life he had done

With a soot cloud of blackness

Down Santa he came

The photographer pounced

A great image his game

But the lens he discovered,

As he saw Santa's foot,

Had poor optic properties

- it was covered in soot

No comments:

Post a Comment