Friday, May 17, 2013

How To Make A Good Living Online - 6 Useful Tips


Working from home and making a good living online is a dream which many people have, but alas so many are under the illusion that doing so is easy. So many internet Marketers will tell you that if you purchase their course or product then you'll be making money in no time, but it is unlikely that you will see any return quickly. You need to establish a reputation in your niche and that takes time and you need to have a good visibility online. Sure by using forum posting, blog commenting and by using Social networks you can achieve this, but it's not going to happen overnight. It has taken me a long time to get my online earnings up to several hundred dollars a week, (sometimes I'll make a couple of thousand) but a couple of years ago I was lucky if I made $50 a week.

Here's exactly how I turned my online earnings from a pittance to several hundred dollars a week.

Research a niche

This has to be the most important aspect, you need to do your keyword research and find long tail keywords which have low competition but a good amount of searches. You really need to have software to do this as it is a time consuming activity. Also when it comes to purchasing domains, make sure you use your keyword phrase in the URL, as doing this alone can get you a good placement on Google. I have used this technique on the free Blogger platform and over the past year have earned several thousand dollars, frequently making sales within 24 hours of the blog going live.

Develop a product

Many people opt for affiliate marketing, but this area is very competitive and although I have dabbled I have had much more success by developing my own products. I started off by using free open source programming languages like Autoit and Autohotkey and Visual basic. Software sells well, and if you can find a product that fulfills a need you are well on the way to making a good living online. I'd recommend getting Dennis Becker's "5 Bucks a day", this eBook offers a great blueprint which will help you to get organised and start making some money online. It will also help you to establish a good reputation in your niche, using the methods Dennis teaches will help you to develop a multitude of products which will bring in a constant recurring income. If your research and product is good you will do very well. I can honestly say that I have never developed a product that has not made sales, some products have made me thousands others maybe only a couple of hundred dollars, but every product has been profitable.

Get an Autoresponder

Time and time again we are told that "The money is in the list" and that statement is so very true. You need to invest in an autoresponder. I use Aweber and also a PHP based script called PHP Autoresponder both deliver targeted leads which are very responsive to my emails and broadcasts. One site I run is in the Self Improvement Niche,which I never touch and yet the site consistently makes me a couple of hundred dollars a month. In the Internet Marketing niche I can easily make several hundred dollars overnight, just by writing an email, it really is awesome.

Use Social Networking and Signature links on forums

Using Social Networks and taking advantage of signature links in your forum profile can do wonders for your web traffic and sign ups to your list. it's very rare that I'll make a sale directly from a post on Twitter but I will get visitors and subscribers on my blogs.

Start doing Joint Ventures

If you've established a good reputation and have a quality product to offer then partnering with other people in your niche can be very lucrative. I frequently have Internet Marketers approaching me to sell my products and have just invested in the Rapid Action Profits system so that I can offer an instant 50% commission on any of my products. I still have a little bit of work to do here, but with so many people wanting to sell my products, I think 2011 will be a very good year indeed.

Spread the word

Lastly try leaving a link back to your site whenever you are online, inspire interest wherever you go, but make sure you leave worthwhile comments which will be of use to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment