Saturday, November 2, 2013

My First Canon 450D


After sometime I finally get myself the first Canon 450D. Here is my SLR.

I find it quite fascinating taking pictures around with DSLR. It is indisputable for this new Canon 450D. The pixels, functions, the Live View also help a lot and it convenient me from taking pictures in different angle. If you are not an advance photographer which your photos require higher resolutions and pixels and you are always wanted to learn SLR, either you follow because your friend get a good photos or it is for your own little hobby, don't doubt anymore. Go and get it! You may get some useful information of this Canon 450D from Canon's official site.

There are few tips I would like to share how I start to learn photo taking. I am sharing for my experience how I started.

Tips for beginner - DSLR

YOU ARE ONLY A BEGINNER and I don't agree that you spend too high to get an expensive DSLR. You may make your survey now around the market and you may get one below MYR2000 which usually it comes with a kit lens. You can just get the basic DSLR one in this price range. Once, I were advised that old models does not mean the camera is not functioning well, you may just get the basic first and get used with the functions and learn to shoot only for basic pictures.

I READ MAGAZINES AND PHOTO BLOGS to know more about photography. Reading materials do help because a lot of well known photographers usually share their words and pictures through their own blogs or they might write it in the magazines. Not only pictures, most of the reading materials do provide full information about the differences of SLR and its lenses. I suggested this as for the most economical way of learning about photography and skills for photo shooting. You may spend a little to attend classes or seminars held by photographers too. I may recommend you to this blog which it provides full details about photography. If you are in Malaysia you may visit this forum for discussion and sharing.

ALWAYS GET A THEME of what kind of picture you want to shoot. You would not know what to take if you do not have a theme. The direction of the photo is important as each photo tells a meaning Again do not scratch your head the best theme as this will consume a lot of time for taking pictures. As for example there are photographers shooting for weddings, natures, birds, or portrait. At least with a theme you know what is your mission or goal for the day else you will just end up holding your DSLR but you would not get the best pictures you want. Prepare yourself a portfolio or plan then slowly you will see the result.

PRACTICE, PRACTICE AND PRACTICE until you gets used with your new DSLR. Apply your knowledge you have learned in photos you are taking. What I do usually I use pictures that I have taken and share it in the forums. Through forums there are more advance photographers to comment on your pictures and from the mistakes, you learn again. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment