Tuesday, December 3, 2013

An Olympus E5 Review: My Own Experiences


I wanted to take a few moments today to write my own Olympus E5 review and share with you my experiences with owning and using this camera. To date, I have owned it for over four months now, and while I am not a professional photographer, I have taken a few courses over the years and wanted a camera that would provide me with greater freedom to explore the depths of my knowledge. I did a lot of research before I decided to buy this one, and after experiencing its features for myself, I wanted to share with you what I think about them.

Image Quality Compared to My Nikon

Before I decided to buy this camera and write my own Olympus E5 review, I was using an older Nikon. I had bought it used several years back, so I imagine it was pretty outdated when I bought it. Yet I have to say that the image quality of this new Olympus is head and shoulders above what I was getting with the Nikon. This camera features a 12.3-megapixel Live MOS sensor and it also has a TruePic V+ image processor. In addition, it has image stabilization for five shutter speeds, which gives you greater control in your image results. The shutter speed is 1/8000th of a second, which is truly impressive for action sequences.

Outdoor Use

I will admit that I was pretty timid with taking my Nikon outdoors and really testing its limits. I knew it was older and didn't have weatherproofing features. I have to take a moment, though, and talk about my experiences outdoors with the Olympus in my Olympus E5 review. This is a camera that has a thixomold, magnesium-alloy body, dust-reduction system, and supersonic wave filter. It was made to go outdoors and to be used to the maximum extents you can imagine. I've taken it to the Grand Canyon, Moab, and other outdoor destinations in the last few months, and it has held up beautifully.

Movie Function

I will mention in my Olympus E5 review that the reason I bought this camera was not for its video capabilities but rather for still shots, yet it does have the ability to capture video at 30 frames per second with 720p. It also comes with automated controls as well as manual controls for shutter speed and aperture. I have toyed around with these features and have been able to produce some really splendid videos of wildlife that I've encountered outdoors on my adventures.

The Bottom Line

I will close this Olympus E5 review by saying that this is a high-end camera that may be priced out of some people's budgets, but the fact is that it is not designed for everyone. It does have professional-level features that you really do need some photography experience and skills for in order to fully utilize. For someone like me with just a few photography classes completed, it is an ideal camera that gives me creative control over my images and yields professional results, but that is not overly complicated in its features.

No comments:

Post a Comment