Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Marketing Your Photography Business - The Key to Your Success


If you are like I was when I first decided to start my photography business, you think since you can create such wonderful images, people will just come to you. I though I could just put out a few boring business cards (ones that didn't even have any of my images on it and no call to action!) and my phone would start ringing. Boy was I wrong!

I have learned that the most important thing in being a successful portrait photographer is marketing. Yes, more important than education, experience and equipment. In fact, I work more on marketing than on any other part of my business. I think a lot of new photographers avoid marketing because they either don't know what to do, or they think it will be boring. This marketing package will help you with the first one by telling you what you need to do to get your name out there, and in the process, I think you will discover how fun marketing can actually be!

The first thing you must do if you truly want to be successful as a portrait photographer is realize that you are first and foremost a marketer, and a photographer second. This concept can be very difficult for many photographers to accept, and understandably so. They see themselves as artists, and enjoy creating their art with a passion. They got into this business to do something they love.

What they must remember is that they got into the business to make money doing something they love. Ignoring this fact is ultimately the reason so many artists fail in this business. It is simply a fact, and realizing that fact, and acting on it, is a significant step toward insuring you have a successful (which means profitable!) portrait photography business.

No comments:

Post a Comment